Um…where is everybody?
Remembered to wind your clock back an hour after an extra week of Daylight Savings Time? Though it would be quite funny if 70,000 packed the MCG one hour early for the Richmond-Collingwood game – those two sets of supporters, sitting around, nothing to do, Hate Ya Guts round…the intensity in the stands could match that on the field!
But no supporter in their right mind would miss out on Hate Ya Guts round, unless a few Richmond fans have wound their clocks back 30 years – and you couldn’t blame them for trying, could you?
- Hawthorn fight back to beat seventies rivals North Melbourne while the losing coach is (surprise, surprise) unhappy with the umpires in defeat;
- Fremantle come up big again in the Western Derby…all they need to do now is beat one of those 14 other teams in the comp!
- Essendon squeak home after trying valiantly to let Fevola, Judd and co. pinch another win for Carlton. But Brett Ratten isn’t that concerned about losing 14 straight…interesting philosophy!
- Sydney beat Brisbane in the State Of Origin clash at the Gabba…and haven’t lost to the Lions in four years! Clearly, all that preferantial treatment to Adam Goodes is paying off!
- These two sides may have launched this sport we all know and love 150 years ago but today’s meeting could be memorable for all the wrong reasons;
- News that Demons coach Dean Bailey will stick to the same game plan that has failed him dismally thus far cannot be encouraging either…
- Geelong’s Paul Chapman said all the right things as he tried to warn his teammates not to take the Demons lightly…but it wouldn’t matter anyway!
THE ‘FERAL ARMY’ MATCH
MCG, Melbourne – 2:10pm (local): Richmond v Collingwood (SEVEN)
Two traditional rivals, two sets of feral supporters…this could be the most entertaining event of Hate Ya Guts round!
- It’s all about the small things at Collingwood – the Magpies will focus on shutting down the smallest Tiger on the ground while former player Peter Daicos is seemingly obsessed with ball size!
- There might be a real buzz about this match in the Richmond camp but the focus on some property deals and potential salary cap ramifications might dull that buzz a touch…
THE ‘RAMSGATE’ MATCH
AAMI Stadium, Adelaide – 4:10pm (local): Adelaide v Port Adelaide (FOX)
The Showdown is the biggest thing to happen in Adelaide…though there appears to be some suggestions that the intensity of the hatred is on the wane!
- The rivalry was at its highest after an incident at the Ramsgate Hotel in 2002 – perhaps another bar room scuffle is required?
We think the intensity will be massive, particularly when Port have yet to win this season and coach Mark Williams is being questioned on the toughness of his side!