Hey Sammy Lane…Wanna Write A Story About My Coccyx?
Last week, it was his butt. On the weekend, it was his nuts. Is it just us or are we all learning just a little bit too much about Jason Akermanis than is required? Thankfully, Robert Harvey has been cleared of any wrongdoing – whether that means anyone can just give them a squeeze or not, who knows?
But the Saints veteran apparently told him to grow up moments after the alleged nut-grapple. Aker – grow up? There’s probably more chance of Matty Knights ordering all 22 of his Essendon players to grab a handful of the guy on Friday night!
Away from testicle matters, let’s look at how that whole League expansion movement is coming along:
- Andy D is off to Sydney today to discuss all things Western Sydney with the Swans – and won’t Paul Roos and co. be glad to see him!
- Monday night football might become a feature of the expanded 18-team competition – wouldn’t that clash with ex-footballers confessing their sins on Enough Rope? Andrew Denton might have to move his show to another night…
- New Gold Coast side might take part in this year’s draft – leaving teenage footy players three years of hanging out at Cavill Avenue in Surfers Paradise to prepare for life in the AFL. Perfect!
In other news that does not involve incestual relations – (actually, we’d prefer stories on Aker’s nuts to this!) :
- Freo’s Rhys Palmer earns Rising Star nomination…and provided they can stop the bleeding from his head, he could end up winning it!
- Apparently, Richmond’s training surface at Punt Road is ‘crap’. Well, the Tigers are now officially crap from the ground up!
- Great news for the Eagles… Dean Cox does not have a broken foot after teammate David Wirrpanda ran into it by accident on the weekend;
- Let’s hope that second Sydney team is a little better at maths than the Swans…whoops!