Here ya go, son…bite these nails!!!
Well, Bite Ya Nails round has been a big, fat failure so far with no final minute heroics and every game decided by at least 20 points. At least the Bulldogs and Lions each stormed home in the final term to claim victory but the other results were pretty clear by half time.
But forget all that…what the f%@# is up with Barry Hall? The guy is back in form after a shocking 2007, his side has started the year well and he does this? What’s going on in that big bad bustling Barry brain of his?
The Swans had no trouble disposing of West Coast but the chances of Hall playing in the next few weeks are virtually zippo. Even if a modern day miracle occurred and no sentence is handed down, Bazza would still miss a few weeks after, and this is not a joke, possibly breaking his wrist on a metal railing?
Carefull Bazza…you almost made me spill my beer!
What a bizarre night in Sydney…we literally cannot remember a single thing that happened involving an actual football! What could happen at the footy today to possibly top all that? Carlton winning perhaps?
Just in case you have a Brent Staker sized headache and trouble remembering what happened yesterday, here’s what happened:
- Geelong continue on their merry way by taking care of St Kilda…where Ross Lyon is probably the only person not pushing the panic button;
- North Melbourne have no trouble handling the Demons…still plenty of trouble drawing a decent crowd;
- Port Adelaide were on the verge of a first win for the season…before the Lions totally kick their arse in the final term. Port were 47 points up at one stage..no wonder Choco Williams is going crazy!
- Buddy Franklin was already a cult hero at Hawthorn but he became a football god when he sunk the Crows in the elimination final last September.
- Adelaide coach Neil Craig has been studying video tape of Buddy Franklin in the hope of somehow stopping the young gun…good luck with that!
- Hawthorn’s ill-discipline again proved costly with Jordan Lewis suspended for one week after a softish but stupid hit on North’s Daniel Pratt. The incident sparked a war of words between Pratt and Campbell Brown…the next meeting should be fun!
- The match is being played in Tassie…hopefully the Stadium is ready after that little fire a couple of weeks ago!
THE ‘WAYNE HARMES’ MATCH
MCG, Melbourne – 2:10pm (local): Carlton v Collingwood (SEVEN)
- The Wayne Harmes tap-on is one of the ultimate Bite Ya Nails moments in the history of the game…we know this because they made an ad!
- Another loss for Carlton will establish a new club record losing streak…and the Pies would love nothing more than making this happen!
- Winless coach Brett Ratten is trying to help Carlton regain lost respect within the football community but he is wrong when he says nobody fears them any more. Teams are scared that they might the next ones to lose to the Blues and become a laughing stock!
- It should be a great occasion for new Collingwood captain Scott Burns as he celebrates his 250th game…except that now he is not even playing. Where’s the emergency banner?
THE ‘BEN HOLLANDS’ MATCH
Richmond clearly didn’t need to keep a match winner…
Subiaco, Perth – 4:10pm (local): Fremantle v Richmond (FOX)
- This will be only the 20th meeting between Freo and Richmond but there is already a nice little history of tight finishes, including the first ever AFL game for the Dockers which the Tigers won by five points.
Ben Hollands played a mere three games for Richmond but will be remembered for kicking a goal after the siren to beat Fremantle at Subiaco early in the 2000 season.
- By the way, that is Ben Hollands with an ‘s’ -it’s not a spelling error! He is not to be confused with Ben Holland…who is not being remembered all that fondly by the Tigers right now!
- Veteran Joel Bowden will not make the trip west after Terry Wallace dropped him from the team. Either he is totally out of form or it’s some kind of reward for long-service
Chris Tarrant is rumoured to be unhappy at Freo and has struggled to produce anywhere near his best. They still think he can be a valuable asset when on song but he will need to do something useful soon – like kick a goal or something.