Clearly Daniel Kerr does NOT want to play against Chris Judd next week!
What is going on with these Saturday night games? First it was Barry Hall who did something stupid and now it looks like West Coast midfielder Daniel Kerr is in trouble again after an incident with old Dog Scott West at the Telstra Dome last night. Kerr appears to lead with his head and collect West, who was a little worse for wear afterwards…
West was ok after the incident…though his eye was incredibly thirsty!!!
Amazingly, Brent Staker was also reported for striking in his first game back after he was sensationally KO’d by the Hall hit,…do you think that a plea of delayed concussion would work for him at the trubunal?
After the physical stuff died down, the Doggies clicked into gear and steamrolled a struggling West Coast Eagles outfit to remain unbeaten. John Worsfold’s mob have only won one match so far and if Eagles fans are sucking at the moment, just wait until they see this on Friday night…
Chris Judd in the navy blue…
Two more results from yesterday:
- The winning streak ends for Carlton as Adelaide score a rare win at the MCG. But what is with this Jarrad Waite ‘time-wasting’ free kick that turned into a ‘double-goal’? Time-wasting! Honestly, the guy could have punched the ball into the Yarra, fetched it himself and ran it back to the central umpire…and we’d still be waiting for the green light from the broadcaster to say that their commercials have finished!!!
- St Kilda stink early and the Power cruise to a second straight win. Big news for Port is that Chad Cornes suffered an injury…either a broken hand or broken heart at not being best on ground!
- Daniel Bradshaw has kicked 17 goals the last two times he has played the Demons – nine goals in 2005 and another eight in 2006.
- Bradshaw has made a stunning return from a knee injury that wiped out his entire 2007 season and could well kick another bag today.
- But maybe it’s Jono Brown’s turn to kick a few goals – it sounds like Leigh Matthews owes him a few after some management issues with him last week!
- It has been another crappy week for Melbourne with the bad news concerning David Neitz. At least Neitz is hanging in rather than giving it away now…though he might regret that decision later in the year.
- You know that you’re having a shit year when the press are virtually announcing which kid will join your club as the first overall draft pick…and it’s only April!
THE BARRY HALL MEDAL GAME
Telstra Dome, Melbourne – 2:10pm (local): North Melbourne v Sydney (SEVEN)
- Check out these numbers for Barry Hall against the Roos – four goals in 2007, six in 2006, three in 2005, nine in two games in 2004, four in 2003 and three in 2002. That’s quite a record!
- But in case you were unaware, Barry won’t be playing today.
- It could have been an interesting day had Hall been available to line up against niggling Roo defender Daniel Pratt…but he has been suspended as well!
- The Swans need Adam Goodes to find some form after being out-played by Gary Ablett in Geelong last week. Brady Rawlings will be waiting for him so it won’t be easy for Goodes today!
- Roos coach Dean Laidley is not expecting Goodes to play that terribly again today…but might crank out a few fist pumps if the guy struggles again this afternoon.
THE LANCE FRANKLIN MEDAL GAME
Feel the Love baby…FEEL THE LOVE!
MCG, Melbourne – 4:40pm (local): Hawthorn v Richmond (FOX)
- In four games against Richmond, Lance Franklin has kicked 15 goals…ten of those in the past two encounters. Something tells us that he will haunt the Tigers for years to come – and not just because they overlooked him in the 2004 national draft…twice!
‘Buddy Love’ has taken over the AFL! The Hawks might be trying to hose down the Buddy hype but people just love watching this guy. In fact, Half Back Flanker is going to the ‘G this afternooon just to watch him do his thing!
- Good luck to Terry Wallace…he has the massive task of finding a way to stop Franklin today. But perhaps nature is coming to his rescue…
- Matty Richardson might play out of position more as his career winds down…Richmond fans might have to start getting used to other players spraying ridiculously easy set shots at goal!
The Tigers are aiming for 100,000 fans to pack the ‘G the round 14 clash with Carlton…hey, there’s nothing wrong with optimism!