Oh no! I’ve done a Nathan Brown and celebrated a win…what a dickhead!!!
What is with these footballers! Last week it was Richmond’s Nathan Brown who thought his team had won a drawn game…and yesterday it seemed that half the North Melbourne team had launched into the second verse of the club song before realising that they had finished level with Sydney! Dean Laidley actually thought his side had lost…let’s hope he didn’t break too many objects in the coaches box before he found out they had two competition points!
But if you ask Paul Roos’ wife, it should have been the Swans celebrating after Michael Firritto laid a finger on what would have been a Brett Kirk match-winner in the final minute. But Roosy himself is happy to move on without calling for the use of technology or an extra pair of eyes on the goal line. Besides, he needs to work on finding a way for his side to kick more than eight goals when they play at the Telstra Dome! But at least Adam Goodes is playing well again…
Hey, we managed to find two winners in the other games yesterday:
- It was Brisbane’s turn for a regulation win against Melbourne…and now Leigh Matthews thinks they can beat the Cats down at Geelong next week!
- The Hawks survived a poor kicking day to stay unbeaten and it’s all thanks to their exciting young key forward…Jarryd Roughead!
A quick stroll down media street for some news:
- Can’t wait for the next couple of years of Michael Voss to coach the new Gold Coast franchise innuendo…
- Jason Akermanis apologises to Michael Braun because he is really, really sorry…and not because he could have got his arse sued, oh no!
- The Anzac Day crowd was a little down…and Andy D is not happy!
- Tim Lane continues to speak out on issues that we all know will be totally ignored by the League and never happen. But…good on him;
- Apart from James Brayshaw, would anybody else be that surprised if/when Wayne Carey is not inducted into the Hall of Fame next month?