Three day weekend? Wow, Happy Birthday Queenie…you rock!!!
Winter is now upon us and we are about to embark on three long months of grey, cold and miserable weather. The first round of flu is hitting hard and Melburnians have not seen the sun in days. All we feel like doing is curling up on the couch for a few days and do absolutely nothing…but what about the constant demands of modern daily life?
But wait…it’s Queen Elizabeth’s birthday! And we all know what that means – LONG WEEKEND! Who said that the monarchy was outdated and irrelevant? Perfect timing, no work on Monday and no need to buy an old lady present…this is so awesome!
And to top it all off, we have eight matches over four days to take in as we signal the end of the first half of the season. We can sense some mid-season reviews on the horizon…unless we just sleep on the couch for three days!
- The Roos are down a couple more goal kickers…the last thing you need when facing Geelong.
- Kenny McGregor is the new Brett Burton!
- Sydney make one change for the trip to Perth…shame they didn’t name Barry Hall just for laughs!
- Dodgy knee and all, Jono Brown has been named to play against Freo. This guy REALLY wants a five-year deal, doesn’t he!
- Colin Sylvia has really big shoes to fill…hopefully those shoes have a bit more protection around the achilles…
TIPS FOR GOD SAVE THE QUEEN ROUND
CATS by 24: Chappy is back, Cam Mooney is back…while North have nothing but omissions. Geelong are looking ominous.
TIGERS by 3: Richmond might just pull out one of their bi-annual solid performances against interstate opposition for a rare win!
SWANS by 18: Couldn’t they just reschedule this game for a few weeks from now…when Barry Hall is ready to play again?
HAWKS by 41: How will Buddy react to all the carry-on during the week? With another bag of goals, no doubt…
LIONS by 30: Could Brisbane be headed back to the finals? Well, they have a greater chance than their opponents Fremantle…
DOGS by 20: The Bulldogs to stay in the hunt for top spot and more ‘what’s going on down at St Kilda’ articles next week…gee, can’t wait!
POWER by 28: Will Chad really chop off his finger? And, if so, will he do it at halftime?
MAGPIES by 55: Unless you are a Magpies fan, might be better off finding something else to watch on your Monday off.
Cameron Ling, the King of Geelong, shows off his Order of Australia medal – awarded by the Queen for becoming this country’s preeminent redhead.
Telstra Dome, Melbourne – 7:40pm (local): North Melbourne v Geelong (SEVEN)
- North Melbourne will like their chances tonight…because Dean Laidley and Mick Malthouse are mates!
- But with the Cats in full swing, we doubt that this will be a good Friday for the Roos…but they might a Good Friday next year! Prepare for outrage!
- The Roos may also have a little extra cash next year…because the AFL doesn’t know how to make alternate jumpers works and poop their drawers whenever Eddie McGuire fires up about it!
- Mark Thompson wants to lower expectations on his side…yet he says the Cats are in better form than last year. Well, they won it all last year and playing better…so how does that whole lowering expectations thing work exactly?
- Matty Stokes thought he was going to fail at AFL level until Cam Mooney sweet talked him…no wonder these two love a good cuddle!