Unlike Prince Harry, there is absolutely no doubt who this guy’s father is!!!
Honestly – how freakin’ good is Gary Ablett Jnr! In a highly entertaining match choc-full of goals, the son of the great Gary Ablett went nuts with 39 touches to lead Geelong to their tenth win in eleven matches this season. He also kicked a spectacular curling left-footer on the run in the shades of three quarter time to give his Cats a vital two-goal lead…this guy is so talented that it’s ridiculous!
But it wasn’t all great news for Geelong with a couple of concerns coming out of the match; including an injury problem for Matthew Scarlett and a possible report on forward Cam Mooney. It was another eventful night for Mooney – a career-best seven goals, another silly incident with an opponent and another post-game smooch with a teammate. This time it was Steve Johnson…which would have come as a relief to Matty Stokes, a regular target of Mooney’s amorous advances.
Wanna play Kisschasy?
North kicked 17 goals against the reigning premiers without forwards Aaron Edwards, Nathan Thompson and Corey Jones, and didn’t receive a lot of help from the umpires in the final quarter. No wonder Kangaroos coach Dean Laidley was not very happy after the match. Maybe a Cam Mooney man-cuddle would cheer him up!
Here is the rundown for the remaining games as we say God Save The Queen for the three-day weekend:
The Queen visits Adelaide in 1954…mustn’t have thought much of the place, she has barely been back since!
MCG, Melbourne – 2:10pm (local): Richmond v Adelaide (FOX)
- In 2005, Richmond defeated Adelaide in possibly the most boring game ever played…surely this clash will be a little more interesting!
- Terry Wallace sees this match as a big test for his side…well, he said that last week too and the Swans made it look like his players forgot to study for it!
- Let’s hope the Crows have been studying hard…their test is going to be seven weeks long!
- And if they have been hitting the football textbooks, hopefully they have focused on the goal kicking chapter!
- Richmond will have two captains in the absence of Kane Johnson…because Chris Newman is better at breaking through the banner while Nathan Foley is a whiz at winning coin tosses.
Ryan O’Keefe played his cards right many years ago when he hooked up with a young Mary Donaldson, now the Crown Princess of Denmark.
Subiaco, Perth – 5:40pm (local): West Coast v Sydney (FOX)
- John Worsfold says his players have to make some adjustments to avoid head-high contact…except for you Beau, you can do whatever you want!
- So, the Barry Hall punch will not be an issue this weekend, eh? Try telling that to the crowd at Subiaco!
- But even if Hall had kept his punchy little fist to himself, this Sydney-West Coast rivalry is well and truly alive.
- Apart from Hall’s shattered wrist, Sydney are a healthy bunch but the Eagles have quite a few injury problems at the moment.
- Paul Roos thinks the premiership race is wide open…well, it’s definitely wide enough for the Swans but West Coast can just forget it!
You thought Princess Diana had problems with media packs…what about poor Alastair Clarkson?
- Essendon think that 250-gamer Scott Lucas is awesome…but not quite enough for an awesome new contract. Not yet anyway…
- Matthew Knights is fully behind his under-performing skipper…provided he is not opening his mouth on football panel shows!
- Clarkson is not too worried about Buddy Franklin…well, he kicks a whole lotta goals and the ladies love him – no matter what he does. Clarko is not worried…he is jealous!!!
- Saturday night game, long weekend…the players must be stoked that the club have not imposed any curfews!
- Hawthorn will miss midfielder Brad Sewell but they have a more than handy replacement coming in…
It’s a wonder that half of the Freo players are not running out for the East Perth Royals in the WAFL this Queens Birthday weekend!
- Brisbane are in seventh spot and playing good footy…not surprisingly, Michael Voss thinks they can go all the way!
- Wanna know how Daniel Bradshaw came back from his knee reco to totally kick ass this years? Well, here’s how…but what’s with the Steve Austin/Six Million Dollar Man references? That’s so lame…
- Jono Brown’s knee seems fine and he has been picked to play…though Mark Harvey is not convinced…
- Then again, Harvs doesn’t even who who is in his team yet. It depends on whether the sun is out or not.
- Or maybe he should just let the players pick themselves – after all, he is letting them deal with their string of embarrassing losses all on their own! Isn’t it plainly obvious that the Freo players needs some help?
Much like St Kilda this season, the Queen that you see here is not the real deal…it’s merely an impersonator!
Telstra Dome, Melbourne – 2:10pm (local): St Kilda v Western Bulldogs (SEVEN)
- If Ross Lyon is yet to fully embrace the St Kilda culture, here is a quick lesson…only the Saints could win by 79 points but not really impress anybody…
- But at least Ross Lyon brings something different to coaching…big games are not ‘tests, they are ‘benchmarks’!
- Nick Dal Santo is putting in the hard work to improve his game! Well, we figured that is what footballers get up to during the week…but that’s good to know.
- A Bulldog rookie will make his debut this weekend…but finding out about his selection was a bit of a dilemma! At least people are trying to phone him – on the other hand…
- If you have to resort to phoning newspapers and ranting in order to get a mention these days, it’s probably a sign that the industry has kinda forgotten about you…
“OFF WITH HIS FINGER”
AAMI Stadium, Adelaide – 4:10pm (local): Port Adelaide v Carlton (FOX)
- The Power have had it tough through the first half of the season…the poor dears!
- If Chad Cornes damages his mangled finger again, it might have to come off! But Dr. Peter Larkins says no…unless he has it done during his segment on the Sunday Footy Show, which he thinks is a great idea!
- Yep, Sunrise’s David Koch is a Port Adelaide man…that explains everything!
- Interesting that Brendan Fevola has reignited his little spat with Chad by questioning his courage. We don’t exactly see Fev’s name anywhere in Nathan Buckley’s list of the toughest players in the game. However, if it was a list of the sulkiest players when things don’t go their way…
- And Mark Williams didn’t hold back about Carlton either! Is it too late to switch this game to Channel Seven instead of the St Kilda game? This might get spiteful!
Perhaps hiring the Sex Pistols to sing God Save The Queen at the Melbourne 150 Heroes dinner was not the best move…”No Future, No Future, No Future For You!”
MCG, Melbourne – 2:10pm (local): Melbourne v Collingwood (TEN)
- The Demons fans better show up on Monday or be faced with the wrath of Demetriou!
- Russell Robertson and his mushy leg can spend the rest of the year on the couch and watch how crap his team is on TV instead.
- Melbourne’s grey piece-of-shit jumper, which we predicted was a piece of shit way back in February, is officially gone…amazing what a good ‘Brouhaha’ can do!
- Collingwood are said to be enjoying an extended break…which probably includes the Melbourne game as well!
- Mick Malthouse is doing his level best to talk up the Dees…but he must be having a laugh, right?