Some of the ‘action’ from Tuesday night’s Legends Game…no, we don’t have an obesity problem in this country!
Have we all had a relaxing mid-season break so far? Did we all start to crave for some real AFL action after checking out the EJ Whitten Legends Game the other night? Good…because we have two games of real footy coming up this weekend and after that, the race for the finals will really start to heat up.
After a sensational six games last weekend (well, most of them were…), round 14 concludes with the Crows and Cats in Adelaide tonight followed by the Swans and Pies in Sydney tomorrow night. You can guarantee that both matches will be far more intense than the Legends game…but, unfortunately, will contain far less Megan Gale!
Yes, thumbs up to you Megan! You’d make a far better boundary rider than Billy Brownless…
Without the packed schedule of games coming up, it has left plenty of column space for stories about footy:
- Yeah, it’s kinda hard to find the funny side of jibes about your sick child…Will Minson apologises for on-field sledge to Kane Cornes!
- Sav Rocca tells little brother Anthony to stick with AFL for as long as you can before heading to the NFL…smart move, Sav. Two Roccas at Collingwood ended up being one too many – he doesn’t want to get delisted in preference of his younger brother in America too!
- Player agent and professional wanker Ricky Nixon thinks anybody who is not interested in signing his boy Ben Cousins should get out of the game. Come on, does anybody actually pay attention to what player agents say any more?
- Well, Nixon is hoping that plenty of prospective Irish players pay attention to him…but not if Tadhg Kennelly has anything to do with it!
- Seems that the AFL are a bit uptight about seeing naked people…would this surprise anybody?
- Look out Ireland…the whiny antics of Mick Malthouse are about to go global!
James Bartel forgot about the split round last weekend and turned up to an empty Skilled Stadium ready to play!!
AAMI Stadium, Adelaide – 7:40pm (local): Adelaide v Geelong (SEVEN)
- Not sure what Neil Craig got up to during his week off but it must have been pretty awesome…now he wants another week off!
- Hopefully, Craig has focused on boosting Adelaide’s attack because it has been lacking in the past few games. Plus, it’s the Friday night TV game – who wants to watch a seven goals to six grindfest?
- The match is a sellout and the Crows have been planning Geelong’s downfall for two whole weeks now…so if they can’t win tonight they may as well just give up!
- And when you consider that the Cats are healthy, well rested and and in top shape, it will take a big effort to knock them off! Good luck…
- With the return of Scarlett and Stokes, the Cats now have too many players to choose from. Geez, we all know you’re a great side but no need to rub it in!
The Swans didn’t play last weekend but it was business as usual for Nick Davis…
Telstra Stadium, Sydney – 7:10pm (local): Sydney v Collingwood (SEVEN)
- Sydney are treating this match as ‘their moment of truth’ for the season…that sounds much more important than drawing lines in the sand like Terry Wallace did last week. Just one of the many obvious differences between Sydney and Richmond…
- Finally, after many close shaves, Adam Goodes will be missing from the Sydney line-up…so it will be up to the kids to play up to the standard of a dual Brownlow medallist. Um, a tad optimistic maybe…
- It looks like the future for Nick Davis will be spent in Sydney with the Swans…so he still has plenty of reserves football left in him yet!
- Collingwood have a few problems (well, more than usual) heading into the Sydney match…mainly a depleted forward line due to the long term injury to Anthony Rocca.
- How were the Magpies going to solve the problem? They were looking to go tall against Sydney by playing three ruckmen…but then Josh Fraser screwed all that up! Any other bright ideas?