It’s the final night of Dress Rehearsal round and here is a quick preview of the remaining three games. Full recap of the weekend action tomorrow but it will undoubtedly feature some in-depth analysis as to how Joel Bowden’s go-backwards clock-milking antics action may have won a game yesterday…but is more a reflection of Richmond’s chronic-suckiness!
Until Fev signs his new deal with Carlton, he will be cast as the villian…no matter what he does!
- It has been all about Fev this week, as usual. But the coach is fine with him now and wants to keep him as he has promised to keep his hands to himself…on-field anyway. Fev is confident of getting a new deal and is happy to wait a bit before signing. Which means it will continue to be all about him…
- But the Swans have Nick Davis, the Sydney-Fev, who has tried to make it all about him. He has let slip that he would love to play for West Coast! Paul Roos did what he always does when Davis says something…he laughed and then tried to say all the right things. But, on the inside, he must be excited at the prospect of shipping Sydney-Fev out of Sydney!
- Adam Goodes and Chris Judd will face off again today…hope Goodesy is prepared because Juddy is doing pretty well at the moment.
- Irishman Tadhg Kennelly’s heart may yearn for home but his shoulder yearns for a nice relaxing holiday!
The game is just the dress rehearsal…the real contest will take place here!
AAMi Stadium, Adelaide – 2:40pm (local): Port Adelaide v Adelaide (SEVEN)
- It’s the Showdown! Port Adelaide are looking for respect, Adelaide are looking to fight fire with fire and this jaded local journo is probably looking for another job…
- Andrew McLeod is back and could be used forward as the Crows search for some kind of makeshift attack.
- Brett Burton hasn’t been thinking about life after football…should he?
- Port Adelaide have been unable to take advantage of anything all season so what makes them think they can exploit a vulnerable Adelaide today?
- It could be Dean Brogan’s last Showdown if he doesn’t sort out his contract issues with the Power….which would be a shame as you don’t get more Port Adelaide than Brogan!
If Naitanui goes to the game, there’s a good chance he will be meeting his new teammates…they will be on the losing team!
Subiaco, Perth – 2:40pm (local): Fremantle v Melbourne (FOX)
- Isn’t it meant to be an advantage to play at home? Particularly when your home is thousands of kilometres away for your opponents? Then what is going on with Subiaco?
- Mark Harvey wants his players to wise up in the wake of Dean Solomon’s brain explosion…and how exactly would Shaun McManus fit into that policy?
- How can Melbourne fix their travel woes? Well, travelling to Subiaco seems to be doing the trick for other teams…
- So, let’s get this straight…Adem Yze desperately wants to play and can’t get a run but Melbourne want to get Ben Holland on the field but the guy won’t play? They know how to pick ’em at the Dees!